Monday, September 04, 2006

AGASSI

Don't know much about tennis. My sister was a good player so I watched her play some. Had a girlfriend in HS who liked to play, so I played. In later years, I watched some women's tennis for two reasons, it's easier to follow the ball in the women's game and also because the men's game doesn't have Maria Sharapova.

But I do know Andre Agassi. We have a mutual friend and I've probably spent maybe ten private hours with him over the last 15 years and two wives. Don't have the slightest idea what his historical place in tennis is. What I do know is that the sport is a lot better for his time in it. Any organization would be better to have him. Even during his "Image is Everything" period, he was just a genuine decent guy. If there's a guy who has accomplished as much as Agassi and remained as humble, I have never met or heard of him.

Sometimes retirement fuss is overdone. Not here.

Godspeed Andre, and I hope you fix that godawful slice!

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, September 04, 2006, Blogger Rocky Cola said...

Nice to know he is not a phony.

There are plenty of those around.

I think most like him now more than when he had that bad hair thing going. Great match on Thursday as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home