Wednesday, March 22, 2006

TOOK THIS DOWN FOR A WHILE AS A PEACE OFFERING--FOOLISH ON MY PART
THE SOUND OF ONE HAND CLAPPING
Our friends had a provocative topic up this morning. There were a fairly large number of comments on there when I first looked. Some of them were cruel and cheesy. Looked like some of them were GOP hardheads and some were from Volm people. In either case they were out of bounds. I put in two posts--no reason not to. One was polite and concilliatory and discussed the turnout. The second, very short, was making fun of myself for spelling a word wrong. They were both attributed to me, using my UMRBlog (in blue) ident.

When our friends whacked the rude posts, they whacked mine, too. The democratic principle of free speech for conflicting views is not prospering at our sister site. Fear of ideas is not a good starting point for healing or to build an inclusive party.

1 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, March 22, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

U/G,

Thanks for stopping by. I guess this is your offhanded way of beginning scheduling talks for the Unity Breakfast, Huh?

You are always welcome here at your sister site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home