Saturday, March 11, 2006

I'm moving this up because at least some folks obviously missed it on Mar. 1
IF I WRITE IT, I'LL CLAIM IT



I took a few minutes this morning to look in on my friends at Quincy Underground. Blogs and Boards are funny things. The originator starts them out to be one thing and go one place and they become something else and head in a direction the originator never intended.

As I stated many days ago, I am out of the business of commenting on other Blogs for at least three more weeks due to the demands of a major project. It was with some surprise, then, that I read accusations in the U/G that I'm posting there anonymously. So let me respond to that:

1. I have not;

2. When I post in some membership Boards, I always use a "handle" and stay consistent with it thoughout the thread. Never done that in the U/G. Always been myself. If I ever post there again, it will be as myself;

3. Use your head. If I wanted to be covert in my support of the County Clerk, I would have started that way and stayed that way. If I even wanted to visit the U/G without the moderators knowing I'd been there, I know how to do that. There is no reason now for anon. posting. What would I have to fear? If a "friend" were going to be mad at me because we differed on a primary, then he or she wasn't much a friend to begin with.

4. My sentence structure and active vocabulary are pretty recognizable. If you rely on word count to "identify" what you believe is my writing, not only are you not to first base, you're not even in the "on deck" circle.

5. Call your first witness to prove this silly proposition and put his testimony here.


U/G's originators are great people. I don't hold them responsible for what their visitors spew.

10 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, March 01, 2006, Blogger George said...

How do I really know you're not me?

 
At 1:36 PM, March 01, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

God,

It's simple. If I were you, then you'd be me and we couldn't really be us.

Glad I cleared that up!

 
At 7:47 AM, March 02, 2006, Blogger George said...

How do I know that you're not responsible for both posts, cleverly designed to manipulate everyone who reads them into believing we're not alter egos?

 
At 7:54 AM, March 02, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Godster,

You're the only one, besides me, who DOES know. How'd that work out for the horny law professor in The Pelican Brief?

 
At 11:03 AM, March 02, 2006, Blogger George said...

Yes, I know. But like others, I still have my suspicions.

 
At 12:11 PM, March 02, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Gott,

If you need confirmation, just go up to the work-release side of the Adams County Jail and ask for a copy of your birth certificate. I understand from another local blog that it's floating around up there.

Just when you thought it was safe to go inside the courthouse, too.

 
At 2:30 PM, March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Umrblog: are you for Volm or against her? If you are helping her, then her campaign is well below what I always thought your standards are.

 
At 2:47 PM, March 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony,

I’ve said it before: The cover of anonymity allows some people to say some really silly stuff.
I concur, if you have something to say, and you want people to take it seriously, take credit for it. I know there are folks out there that don’t always like what I have to say. However, my name appears in each of my posts. That leaves me with two words: Vote Democratic!

PS: Re-elect DEMOCRAT Nick Peters to Adams County Board – District 1

 
At 4:39 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Nicky,

I'm looking for a house in District 1 just so I can vote for you. Trouble is I'm currently living with my precinct committeeman and I she just walks around the house saying "Two More Years! Two More Years!"

If somebody wants to give me a proxy (State Board of Elections would surely love this concept!)I'm good to go.

 
At 4:55 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

T-101,

That's because we've been a little busy negotiating with the League of Women Voters what questions they will be allowed to ask and what day our committee will approve for a forum. That's difficult stuff, takes months.

Also, we're holding off on the C-130 flyover literature drop, the Google undetectable mass spam trojan mailer "Elect Volm" transmission and the $50,000.00 Television blitz. Enthusiasm since the embossed condom mailing last weekend is up.

We have a plan to get more of our literature out. If we can get some prisoners with the right set of skills, we can actually get the literature INTO more homes.

Appreciate your concern though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home