Monday, December 15, 2008

ROLAND ON A ROLL: BET HE'S WRONG

I heard Roland Martin say on TV today that you could take it to the bank: Blago's gonna resign Monday. I'm not saying Roland's sources (probably Obama worshippers and Jackson hangers-on) are not telling him that. I think he's reporting truly what he's hearing but I don't think he's critically analyzing his sources. Nobody really close to the Governor is telling him that. That's because there's nobody left (Outside of maybe Patti) really close to the Governor.

Moreover, at some point, you have to pose the "Reasonable Lawyer" test. It goes like this: Is there a lawyer alive who wouldn't dump him as a client if he resigned or offered to resign before the lawyer could use the office for a plea-bargaining chip? Hint: Not one, anywhere.

So no matter how breathless David Gregory and Wolf Blitzer get over another Spitzerian photo op, it is highly unlikely to happen and even less likely to happen until the Governor figures out who his real lawyer is.

2 Comments:

At 3:05 PM, December 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never said he would resign today. I did say it's not a matter if but when he would resign.

Get it right!

 
At 4:42 PM, December 15, 2008, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Roland,

You have provided much entertainment and information for a wide audience and I admire your work but I heard what I heard. It was in the flow of about four commentators around midday Sunday and it was in direct response to the "Monday" question.

Later I heard you say the "when, not if.." thing, but this was a different utterance. I think were remote out of studio so it could be you heard the question wrong.

Anyhow, I just took off on it as a set piece for a discussion of the the lawyer's view of Blago's position. My current two full time jobs prevent me from going to find it. And I certainly did not mean to criticize your skill as journalist. I took what you said as opinion commentary and I was not going to go out and bet the "over/under" on it.

TYFCB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home