Saturday, May 23, 2009

AN APOLOGY AND A CHANGE OF PRACTICE

Over the last several weeks, I have innocently used a term to describe members of the tea party movement. I have been advised that term has sexual practice overtones. It was never my intent to fire up some kind of double entendre.

Someone was kind enough to point out the double meaning. Since then I have abandoned the term and will use it no more. No offense intended.

Henceforth, I will use TP, QTP or TPers to describe the movement in a shorthand way.

We try to play fairly

3 Comments:

At 4:49 AM, May 24, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those that did use the term to deliberately attack the cause, did not stop because they wanted to play fairly, but to save face (as I see it).

The ugly gag continued on air for some time. After it was old news, THEN some expressed regret, but they had already had their fun.

It's like those NYTimes corrections that get buried after the lie was headlined on page one.

TP already has a dominant usage ... but I suppose the TPers do want to clean up the messy butts in DC. ha

 
At 9:31 AM, May 24, 2009, Blogger UMRBlog said...

0649

I can only speak for myself. I didn't know and it won't happen again.

TYFCB

 
At 10:30 AM, May 24, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't doubt you on that ... which is why I bother to read your viewpoints. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home