Monday, March 09, 2009

THIRD WARD BLOG MANNERS: THE SOUND OF JUST ONE HAND CLAPPING

Wrote about the Fabulous Third Ward Blog Rollout yesterday but I read the announcement again and it got me thinking: How come it wasn't a joint announcement between the Republican incumbent (a very techy person) and this new challenger, delayed web site poster?

Only thing I can think of is the challenger wanted to show how much smarter, more interactive, transparent and modern he was than the incumbent of his own party.

Buses are kind of low tech things but It's probably not a good idea to throw your brother under one. Every time he looks at the tire tracks on his UnderArmor, he'll think of you. It's often been suggested that Republicans eat their young but this is the reverse. The rookie's ordering a side of barbeque sauce to go with the veteran.

I'm probably too cynical. The Third Ward Challenger was probably just too busy composing December, 2008's entries in the YR site to think about the effect of HIS new rollout on his fellow party-member colleague.

9 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, March 09, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the young dems ever determine where they are going to have their June 2, 2006 picnic? Latest thing on their website.

 
At 12:53 PM, March 09, 2009, Blogger UMRBlog said...

At JJ's with lots of shotguns present. Ya'll come.

 
At 1:19 PM, March 09, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see uncle Tony and the mayor have taken a break from plotting to take our guns away with ATF. The fact that the best reason they can give not to vote for Kyle is the YR's website speaks volumes. Bob must be REALLY worried...

 
At 3:39 PM, March 09, 2009, Blogger TOOKIE said...

I will next time .


I can shoot trap with 00 buck can't I ?

 
At 4:37 PM, March 09, 2009, Blogger UMRBlog said...

1319,

Oh, Please! Go back and find anyplace where I advocated taking any non-felon's gun away.

As for KAM, ask him. Every once in awhile I bust his chops about the YR website. This is not like a new theme.

Plus, I always invite him to the YD's steak fry.

TYFCB

 
At 4:38 PM, March 09, 2009, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Tookie,

Just no lead. Can't land it in the water. It causes polar bears to be landlocked or something. I can't keep it straight.

TYFCB

 
At 8:05 PM, March 09, 2009, Blogger observer said...

ANON- 1:19pm I can personally guarantee UMR,ATF,QPD, and even the little Springer show, are not taking my guns away. Unless I'm in the BB with them. That's a big commitment, but everyone I have - -is taken care of, - and --I'll take a stand.

"MOLAN LABE" FOR Tspud1

Tookie, Shooting trap with 00 buck is a trick, a real good trick. I shooting for 2nd place Wed pm at NSBC. Wish me luck. Oh, I'm using 7 one half shot. I'm good, but not that good.

UMR- I am using lead, I think we're ok on the Polar Bear thing.

 
At 4:45 PM, March 10, 2009, Blogger Joe Kelly said...

Mr. Umrblog: we're always on the lookout for new and exciting stories. Is the Chairman of the Adams County Young Democrats running for something?

 
At 9:18 PM, March 10, 2009, Blogger TOOKIE said...

I think the YD's are running ...............



But I think they are running away and not for something.


Also having any fund raiser at RADIOACTIVE bottom land has a unthought of after shock .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home