Sunday, November 23, 2008

'HOWEVER MANY FRIENDS.......

......You think you have, divide the number in half and then subtract two."

This advice was given to me by one of the many lawyer-mentors who have enriched my life.

It is, however, very difficult for me to practice because I have this kind of PollyAnna belief in the good spirit of everyone around me.

I am getting better at it, though. This past week, had I not already divided and subtracted, I would have had to scratch two off the list. But thanks to my mentor, I had already identified these two guys, in two different spheres, (I don't think they are even acquainted with one another) as non-starters.


Fellas, you know who you are (If you have to wonder, it's not you.). Slimed by those who posed as friends, but not surprised, because I already knew who you were. Loyalty didn't leave the building. These guys never brought it with them. I'm just another week smarter.

(And, yes, I do know this is too cryptic to decipher....But it made me feel a lot better to write it.)

1 Comments:

At 7:54 AM, November 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have more friends than you think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home