Saturday, November 08, 2008

BLOGWHACKING: NOBODY LIVES FOREVER

It was with great regret that I whacked some links, most notably "50 Miles out...." and "Oracle".

Some blogs exist for a specific purpose. Once their targets were extinguished, they had no more Reason for being. Others, like Dick Tuck, start off fast and find out how difficult this really is to do day-in and day-out. In any event, this was just a clean-up. If there's somebody out there blogging about West Central Illinois or even statewide Illinois politics or policy, email me at rule5draft@gmail.com and I'll examine the quality (not the leaning) of their work and consider linking them.

I've added a link to something called Quincy Magazine. Don't know where it's going, but they sure take some pretty pictures..

Good bye, O. Good bye "Fitty". Good rides.

6 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, November 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is more to life than just pissing off Republicans.

 
At 7:28 PM, November 09, 2008, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Perhaps, but O rarely passed up the opportunity.

TYFCB

 
At 4:57 AM, November 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't get rid of O that easy. He's baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

http://quincynewso.blogspot.com/

 
At 11:13 AM, November 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I first became aware of The Oracle back in March when I asked Rob Mellon about the Quincy reaction to the GOP punting on fielding a candidate to oppose Hare. Mellon gave me a link to The Oracle, who was the only one talking about this in Quincy.

I was a big fan of The Oracle. His politics were not mine, but when he would break out of his "Oracle" persona, he always added a lot to the discussions at my blog.

Some of my other commenters thought he was just plain demented and thought I should ban him (which I did a couple of times) but when he was non-Oracle, his views and arguments were always rational and interesting.

Oracle is a guy that not everybody "gets", but I'm glad I had the chance to know him---in a bloggy kinda way, of course.

If you're looking for blogs to add to your blogroll that are political and concentrate on IL and 17th CD, please consider mine, although I have been doing a lot of kvetching about Obama lately---but this too shall pass.

 
At 12:30 PM, November 10, 2008, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Thank you for reminding me. I think I said I'd go that about ten months ago. Sorry. You're a worthwile destination and, much to the dismay of some of my dem. colleagues, we don't screen for views here.

As you probably know, O is a good friend of mine. When he'd get too high and mighty, I'd remind him the orginal oracle was actually a slave woman seeking to conceal her vulnerability. Nile Delta musta been like the Old Mississippi Delta.

When I next get out my tool chest, you'll be linked and I apologize for the delay.

TYFCB

 
At 5:46 AM, November 11, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a good choice to remove the batteries from the Oracle site. The sewer will begin to back up when Obama takes office and the garbage would be flowing back to Oracle. Like most democrats, he would not be able to handle the constant cticicism and the excuse making would rise to levels not previously seen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home