Thursday, April 24, 2008

QUINCY: HOME OF THE FREE--DELIVERY, THAT IS--BUT WAIT!--"FREEDOM'S JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR NOTHIN' LEFT TO LOSE.."

Actually Janis has nothing to do with this piece and, sadly, is still dead.

There is a wonderful sandwich restaurant in town. I eat there often. The owner is a friend. The manager is a friend. Great place. Nothing I write here will change my loyalty to the place and I heartily recommend it.

I eat the same thing there every time. Costs the same thing every time: $5.92.

This restaurant's radio and television advertising says it features free delivery.

About once every two weeks, I get the same $5.92 order delivered to my office. The price on my sandwich, delivered, is $6.50 every time. If it happened one time, it's an aberration. It's every time, so it's policy. So the "free" delivery costs fifty-eight cents. It's such a great service, I could not care less. I'm going to give the driver a ten anyhow. I'm thrilled they're even willing to deliver my tiny order amount.

I'm just curious if this is nationally produced advertising differing from the local owner's practice. Let me say again I DONT CARE AND I LOVE THE PLACE. Still, the difference between advertising and reality sounds like one of those things good people like this would want to avoid.

The owner and the manager read this blog. GUYS, I'M NOT MAD. It's just one of those weird things in the basin. Besides, some Nader wannabe might raise a stink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home