Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I'M SORRY TO BOTHER YOU BUT COULD MY KNIFE AND I COME IN AND MAKE A PHONE CALL, THEN STEAL YOUR BABY???

A five foot seven, two hundred pound nose tackle of a woman shows up at your door and you've just brought your baby home from the hospital. I can see "Stay here and I'll bring you a cordless phone/cell phone." I can see "There's a phone down at the church/ymca/community center/gas station." I can see, "I'm sorry. This is not a good time." I can't see "come in." Just can't see it.

The local police say the mother/victim is an innocent but something about this caper just doesn't smell right to me.

In the meantime, I hope the knife-wielding, shorts-wearing attacker takes good care of the baby.

Have you noticed that Sometimes you don't have to go all the way to Florida for maximum strange. Often, Missouri will do.

3 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, September 20, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's good, Tony....... Blame the victim.

 
At 3:40 PM, September 20, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Anon 1134,

Difference between blaming the victim and smelling a rat in the basic story. It may be that it proves out but I'm not persuaded yet. Law Enforcement went on television in Support of Susan Smith, too, then her story unravelled.

Desperate, crazed people don't often leave superficial knife wounds on necks. Somethin's goin' on here past the lead paragraph.

I've spent a lifetime getting lied to by professionals in the art of deceit, so you'll just have to forgive me when I find human behavior contrary to the "feel good" story.

 
At 3:44 PM, September 20, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Lootie,

Aub/LSU was PRIMAL!

'Bama/Piggies will probably be decided by penalties and that's not good for the piggies. They're physical and quick but not the most disciplined offense in the SEC. I think the whole USC thing was a lot for them to process.

Besides, you know Fayetteville is not far from Oklahoma and they will probably be distracted by all the whining and crying going on over there. It was so upsetting, they had to remove the guns from the athletic dorm for two whole days. I heard Kelvin Sampson is coming back to do a teach-in on Sportsmanship and Ethics in Sports.

TYFCB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home