Tuesday, June 20, 2006

RETIRED GUY FOR ADAMS COUNTY SHERIFF PART II, "I HATE DRUGS MORE THAN THE OTHER GUY!"

How is it that the republican candidate for Sheriff says he committed to fight drug crime when:

1. When he was in leadership in the Nall/McCoy administration the Sheriff's Department cut its commitment to the Drug Task Force by 50%. It took the election of Sheriff Fischer to replace that commitment;

2. The GOP candidate was so committed to fighting drug crime, he retired from law enforcement altogether.

3. When he was in the Sheriff's Department, he had a leadership position. If he disagreed with the way drugs were being combatted, where are the memos suggesting a different approach that would be even more effective?

Jon McCoy is a nice man and I prize his friendship. Still, even nice guys behave like opportunists when they become candidates. That's what this smells like.

9 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, June 20, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

I have many GOP friends--including Jon and Tony-- but none more valued than you. Hell, it wasn't you by a long shot. This guy was used. That'll never happen to you. And you, of all people I know, never lie. I think that's why you sometimes have trouble fitting into the Grand Ole Party.

Please come by more often.

Some other time, I'll give you my "leper colony" approache to meth control but my day job beckons

 
At 7:50 AM, June 22, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

My day job is a little demanding right now. I'm gonna have to bite those off one at a time.

You've got the state police in the 'hood and we couldn't ask for a better neighbor or friend, so don't get too frisky on this official Writ of Banishment!

Thanks for coming in.

 
At 2:59 PM, June 22, 2006, Blogger Senor Badass said...

I don't have any democrat friends. What is that like?

Do they make you pay for their food all the time?

Do they take your money and give to people they think need it more while you're taking a leisurely stroll around town?

I figure it's best to just stay away from them and keep my fingers crossed that they stay away from me.

 
At 7:37 AM, June 24, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

BAMOFO--

Here, we don't do income redistribution except the democrats buy rounds, even for Republicans.

You would be safe.

 
At 8:48 PM, June 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UUUMMMM Senior, I hate to point this small fact out, but the gal you married was at least at one point a democrat. Her entire family is!

;)

 
At 9:49 AM, June 28, 2006, Blogger Senor Badass said...

You got the wrong dude, then. I know there's some dem in the woodpile there... but not pervasive.

And anyway, whatever she was before I married her, you can be damn sure my wife is a republican now.

 
At 9:50 AM, June 28, 2006, Blogger Senor Badass said...

Hell, she's not even catholic anymore. Mrs. Badass is now a going-to-heaven Missouri Synod Lutheran. Am I a badass or what?

 
At 6:38 PM, June 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

" You got the wrong dude, then. I know there's some dem in the woodpile there..."


Some Dem??? Try a lot of Dem. Ask your wife who Elgar and Alvin areor were related to her and what position they hold or held for nearly a half century.

She might be an R now but she came from good Dem lineage.

"Mrs. Badass is now a going-to-heaven Missouri Synod Lutheran."

Sounds like she has sold out twice!
j/k

;)

 
At 9:56 PM, June 29, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

New Specialty: Political Genealogy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home