Tuesday, April 11, 2006

LISTENING TO THE CUSTOMER

There's a small coffee shop in another downstate city that I enjoy occasionally. Last time I was there, I taking a prescription medicine and had to ask for a glass of water to take a pill. The clerk cheerfully provided it.

Today, I returned there at an "off" hour. Strangely the place was packed. I got my coffee and went to the "extra's" bar in the middle of the store. Sitting on that bar was a fresh, cool pitcher of water and some small, plastic glasses.

The proprietor had obviously had folks like me request a glass of water and was providing it without the need of request. Maybe that attitude is why business was booming.

Those of us in politics and public service can take a lesson. These folks are successful at least in part because they were open to change for the convenience of the customer.

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, April 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony, your killing me here! Are you kidding? Ok, I'll bite.

So why don't you explain this simple concept to the person you supported for Clerk! Oh ya, she wouldn't listen anyway.

unbelievable!

 
At 1:52 PM, April 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7:15
Tell your undertaker to hold off, your not that dead. I went to the clerk's office recently, had a great experience! Great service there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home