Thursday, April 06, 2006

A QUESTION, BECOMES A QUERY, GROWS UP TO BE AN INQUIRY AND GROWS INTO AN INVESTIGATION

Mentioned here earlier that I gave up the ability to track IP addresses. You may or not have figured out that I unhooked the hit counter, too. Many have. Some have emailed the question: Why would you do that? Two separate reasons.

On the ip addresses, I don't care where a post comes from. I judge it or argue with it on the merits of the four corners it presents to me. It is important to me that intelligent commentators come in and challenge or entertain us. It matters not to me whether they come from Australia or Marblehaid. An idea is no more valid or invalid because it comes from an anonymous poster. The idea either stands on its own, or it doesn't. Personal Attacks or claims of unique personal knowledge are different. There the id of the poster makes a difference. That's not hard to figure out but I'll write about it some other day.

On the counter, my response is utterly selfish. I do this because I like to do it. If other people enjoy it, great. Obviously, a few do. I have no need to take attendance.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, April 09, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, rest assured. Quite a few do find this blog interesting and occassionally entertaining for all the right reasons.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home