Wednesday, March 29, 2006

NA, NA, NA, HEY, HEY ......UH,....HELLO?

NA, NA, NA, HEY, HEY ..........UH, HELLO


Well, I heard the insightful discussion about 'blogs from our friends on local cable access program, City Desk (Yes, I know it sometimes comes in over the airwaves, too. Still, like "Wayne's World," it is just so cable-appropriate).

I think I heard a prediction in there that these blogs that popped up during the County Clerk campaign would just disappear. That is not the intended case here. The Adams County Clerk's race was a distraction from the stuff we want to cover, important, but a distraction. We're more interested in issues than personalities.

I've been journalling on line for two years. Didn't just start because of there was a primary afoot. This site's driven by thoughts, not hate of any one candidate or family and certainly not by any one set of election returns. Don't look for us to be gone any time soon. We also don't require Rich Miller's (although we respect his work) help in selecting topics.

There's a colloquial Vietnamese idiom that's used to anwer the question "How are you". Literally translated, it means "Not Dead Yet!". That's were we stand. On line journalling in some form by me dies when I do. And, no, I'm net setting up an online poll on the "Over and Under".

10 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Carl Nyberg said...

Here's a local blog to link to Tioga Talk.

 
At 3:44 PM, March 29, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Carl,

I'm gonna watch the traffic a little longer before I link this one. You're more than welcome to comment in here.

I usually limit myself to progressive or local sites and this doesn't exactly fit in. While I support anybody's right to make whatever points they will, I frankly have little patience with folks who quote scripture to make secular, RW points.

Remind me in a month and thank you so much for stopping in.

ABC

 
At 4:17 PM, March 29, 2006, Blogger Quincy Fire said...

Didn't get to hear the city desk this AM....Anything interesting said ???

 
At 4:27 PM, March 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was Alexi in town today? I did not get any info about it. I know Brenda is his local contact. I was a Carper supporter so that must mean she is freezing me out of the Alexi fundraiser? Any insight? By the way i hear your boy Teddy is not going to cut it on the nomination.

 
At 7:56 PM, March 29, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Fire,

Brady did better than expected, Gidwitz did worse. It's pretty early to tell but it appears Volm beat Carper. It was the kind of stuff you just can't get anyplace else.

 
At 7:57 PM, March 29, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:59 PM, March 29, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Carl,

I fear this is a forgery. I love your stuff and this doesn't look like something you'd have your arms around.

ABC

 
At 8:01 PM, March 29, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Anon 627

I know the campaign called local digs, including chair, CWS and Fish. As I wrote in another thread, I was out of town getting an earful.

Sorry we both missed it. L.G's a trip, I guarantee that much.

 
At 9:44 PM, March 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anno 6:27pm
Alexi was in town today for a short visit with union leaders and elected officials. Who was invited didn’t have anything to do with who supported Carper.
Alexi’s campaign people made the contacts. He stopped by the Democrat Women’s card party on his way to Peoria. Alexi would have loved to meet with everyone and will be back for the Dogwood Parade and a fundraiser the Friday before.

 
At 9:55 AM, March 30, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

I hope it's a Greek Food F/R!

Thanks for stopping by

 

Post a Comment

<< Home