Sunday, May 10, 2009

OUR CUP RUNNETH OVER

Here in the Basin, we have an abundance of really good skilled people in certain professions and trades. Just for an example, we have so many really good Physical Therapists you almost can't go wrong. That's why I've always thought attracting disabled Vets to QU would be a winner. The last two presidents haven't warmed up to that idea. Maybe I'll try it out on the new one.

The other thing that pops to mind is Autobody people. I can think of five shops right off the top of my head where I'd be comfortable and another one popped into my mind while I'm typing this.

Insurance agents? Both dedicated to one company and Independent--we've got good ones.

Banks--If there's one thing lawyers have lots of it's bank accounts and River City still has bankers you can actually talk to!

Dentists--I'll bet there's no town this size with as many dentists pursuing as much continuing education and self-improvement as we have here. Again, it's really hard to go wrong.

Financial Advisors--Franchised, Fee-for-Service, you name it. If you want help with your money, you can get decent and responsible advice and, again, a human being on the phone or in person.

Parks--A lot of people do a lot of work so Quincy retains beauty and utility in a lot of different properties.

Maybe you can add some good ones to these. Really didn't do this to open the complaint window.

Happy Mo-Day, all you Mothers out there!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home