Friday, April 24, 2009

SPECIAL BASIN THANKS TO THE LWV

A very valued friend read my recent piece on NOT limiting campaign contributions and invited me to come to a LWV meeting and hear a speaker who held a contrary view.

The speaker was talented, pleasant and well informed. We had a chance to talk afterward. It's always fun to find areas of agreement with someone who doesn't completely share your views. It was a great experience and I thank the league for the opportunity....which also included seeing some old friends.

I'm still not for contribution caps....at least in legislative races...but I'm better informed.


4 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, April 24, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LDWV


Call a spade and Iris

 
At 8:48 AM, April 24, 2009, Blogger UMRBlog said...

If that makes you happy, then I'm happy for you.

TYFCB

 
At 2:06 PM, April 25, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's the difference from other races?

"I'm still not for contribution caps....at least in legislative races."

 
At 8:32 PM, April 25, 2009, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Judicial Candidate only really answer to majority vote of the electorate one time. That creates a whole different set of values.

I'm not sure, but I think I could be persuaded that there is some cap that could be reasonably applied to Appellate and Supreme Court races.

That's a difference.

TYFCB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home