Friday, September 05, 2008

ST. PAUL: AT LEAST JOHNNY MAC CAN PROUNOUNCE "NUCLEAR"--BUT THERE'S THIS ONE ICKY LITTLE DETAIL

Drill, wind, solar, flex, even alternative (which we all know McCain hates), all the usual suspects came up, plus one: nuclear power.

As soon as we clear one thing up, I'm one hundred percent in favor of nuclear power plants being fast tracked. All we gotta do first is have a final and irrevocable decisions about where we're gonna put the waste. Nothin' to it. Just get that decided, so there's no more legislative wars, no more lawsuits and no more dispute. Then nuke 'em till they glow. Oh, wait, that's a different application! Just nuke 'em until the porch light goes on.

Let us know when that waste Thangy gets decided.

7 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, September 05, 2008, Blogger Tspud1 said...

Just what is a carbon tax?

 
At 1:18 PM, September 05, 2008, Blogger Tspud1 said...

Was that a cut and paste?

 
At 1:55 PM, September 05, 2008, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Spuddy,

I think that's when the taxpayer pays out the Coal Chute!

 
At 1:58 PM, September 05, 2008, Blogger UMRBlog said...

No,

From whom would I have cut it? I have been representing energy companies and nuclear waste handlers for a very long time and I've always thought we should have a locked in destination for long half life waste. I really don't need to paste to express that thought.

Gee, I hope you thought I was pasting from somebody smart.

TYFCB and have a nice weekend.

 
At 8:50 PM, September 05, 2008, Blogger Tspud1 said...

I was referring to my post. It seems you thought my post on another site was a cut and paste when it wasn't.
I mentioned carbon tax because you said "You mix regulation of energy providers and taxing."(that's a cut and paste) Here's another "BTW, you do know that when you cut and paste propaganda, the pagebreaks are still visible, right? You Know how to take them out? Oh, never mind."

 
At 2:22 PM, September 06, 2008, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Sure, whatever you say.

TYFCB

 
At 2:37 PM, September 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having worked at some old and new plants the radioactive waste has become a problem. There are only so many places to bury this stuff. Neutrlize the waste for my great grandchildren will not live a HALF-LIFE. I would say most nuke plants are finding it hard to disgard the waste. A promising future for a bright person in neutralization. There seems to be plenty of smart people on these blogs lets get started.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home