Tuesday, August 26, 2008

DENVER, SEDONA: BIO-FUEL ELECTION--SO FAR IT'S RUNNING ON CHICKENSHIT

I don't care how many houses John McCain has. I don't care much what Hillary Clinton said about Obama's "speech". I don't care about Cindy McCain's tax returns, Michelle Obama's PTA meetings or whether Obama puts the butter away after breakfast.

I do care how the next president is going to attack the deficit, fund the VA, handle our troop deployments, Deal with the monster that Pakistan is becoming and address rebuilding in the gulf region. I do care a whole lot about whether my president is going to sit by and watch while "Good Deal" mortgages balloon and more houses become empty or whether there is going to be some palatable loan guarantee program that allows the private sector to absorb this greed-driven crisis in a way that doesn't replicate the S&L/FSLIC crisis.

Both of you, stop the chickenshit! Tell us what you will do with the awesome power of the presidency. Stop with the "Hanoi Hilton" and "This is Our Time!" talk. We all get that. You won your primaries with vague generalities. Graduate already!

A Visionary and a Veteran and not a grown-up in the bunch.

So far, so disappointing.

11 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, August 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes !
UMR spanking the Messiah.
Maybe it will be a good year after all.

 
At 6:45 PM, August 26, 2008, Blogger JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

They gotta ply to the media Umr. FOX and CNN have 24 hours to fill. They don't want anything but ridiculous nonsense. Policy be damned. The media demands to know how Obama's camp responds to what McCain had for breakfast!

 
At 8:38 PM, August 26, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there...while I agree in principle, I'm having a hard time taking you seriously. You have been a Professional Politician for many years. When have you heard a Presidential Candidate be specific and mean it? You know better than anyone that it is all rhetoric. Besides many times what Politicians promise and what they do are two different things.

 
At 8:47 PM, August 26, 2008, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Successful prez campaigns before Bush were pretty specific about where they would take the country (Carter could be an exception).

Certainly there's an element of hortatory B.S. and I have been responsible for my share but, really,.....How many houses?

Over the top, even for a veteran like me.

TYFCB

 
At 4:57 AM, August 27, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is off topic
for all those that believe in the supply and demand theory why do oil prices rise when a severe storm is headed for the GULF anymore??
Are we being held captive again by the FEAR factor??
The price of merchandise might go up I need a raise??

 
At 6:16 AM, August 27, 2008, Blogger TOOKIE said...

UMR,

Our own "wise" Mayor used time in a meeting to plug Obama as the future for folks to get a BRAND NEW HOME .

Kenny played the part of mini me and nodded "yes" at every word Springer said .


These folks just want to be safe and secure in their neighborhood.




Then Spring plugged a "new bit-ness" coming to town .........


How many of those folks at the meeting will get one of those new jobs ?


That is bullshit in it's truest form on the local level .

 
At 8:43 AM, August 27, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto UMR. You hit the nail on the head! Makes me want to stay home on election day. they could take all the money they spend on the bullshit conventions and send 5,000 kids to college. Both are jokes. Put out a paper detailing exactly what you will do as President!

 
At 1:15 PM, August 27, 2008, Blogger JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

If one of them put out a paper saying what needed to be done and he would do it, nobody would vote for him.

 
At 3:18 PM, August 27, 2008, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Yeah,

Walter Mondale mentioned that.

 
At 7:48 PM, August 27, 2008, Blogger TOOKIE said...

Then I guess my Tommy J version of America is dead ?


Ya'll should have told me and I would have had U/G goose load/VP my ass .





40 acres and a Mule --- you should feel ashamed .



UMR you know one of my closest friends ............



clown shoes

 
At 8:12 PM, August 27, 2008, Blogger UMRBlog said...

I feel your pain....just don't be thinkin' my guys are afraid to stick their noses in. If they have to play in the SEC, they will.

I'm travelin' tomorrow but we gotta talk......

Hope your other situation is decent. All the Took family is in my prayers.

The scary thing is I actually understand every word you write.

Night.

TYFCB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home