Friday, July 25, 2008

"(FILL IN THE CITY, COUNTRY, SOLAR SYSTEM), THIS IS OUR TIME, THIS IS OUR MOMENT!"

Not to quibble with a good, inspirational branding message but:

1. Who is the "us" in "our"?

2. What is it time for?

I know I asked these questions here before but now I'm confuseder than I was before. When it was just being said in Houston and Cleveland and Pocatello, I guess I could conclude the "us" was all Americans and the "time" was for the USA to reassert its excellence. Nothing against Germans but now I'm wondering if it's just everybody's time. I remember when it was just "Howdy Doody Time".

Doctor,....I get these terrible headaches.....

1 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, July 25, 2008, Blogger Tspud1 said...

It's time to save the world. Is he running for President of the world?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home