Friday, September 07, 2007

ROBBERY PREVENTION: NO HATS, NO SHADES IN MY BANK

Another run of bank robberies and another reason for banks to make it policy to prohibit hats on or shades INSIDE the bank facility. Yes I know exceptions have to be made for handicap accessibility but that is fairly easy and unobtrusive to do.

In banking, the good manners your mother taught you are important for other reasons. If I'm in the bank security business, I automatically presume a sinister reason for anybody not wanting my staff to see his eyes.

If you can't drop your Maui Jims for five minutes go bank someplace else.

Works pretty well in Florida, which used to be the bank robbery capital of the universe.

Have a good weekend.

3 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, September 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more. I noticed a sign on the door of my bank asking that hats and shades to be removed.

 
At 7:28 AM, September 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess you don't wear prescription sunglasses. Actually someone is much more likely to slip. trip, or fall in the lobby than to rob it. Where are the safety boots for everyone.

 
At 5:32 PM, September 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Assuming that a person who has RX sunglasses also has an Rx for regular use. I do not think it to much to ask someone to use the regular RX while in the bank.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home