Friday, April 20, 2007

GETTING SHOT IN MODERN AMERICA: A NOTE TO ACTIVE SHOOTERS

(This is a little personal and implies no criticism of anyone except the freaky shooter in Blacksburg)

I am an expert at getting shot. Done it twice. Don't recommend it.

If it happens again and is not a complete, successful ambush, rest assured I shall not die passively. However much of a Flight 93 posse I can assemble, Mr. Shooter, I promise I'm not coming along nice and quietly. If it's my time to die, it's going to be in attempting to separate you from your weapon and your teeth. We're becoming a nation of victims and it's not, well, becoming.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, April 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exactly! Absolutely! I'm not saying that it is an easy choice, or an action that everyone is capable of making. In fact, I know that even for me, the thought of my young children and wife and dreams of the future, could easily weaken my resolve to act heroically and could sway me to keep my head down, cower, run, hide, etc., but when and if I get my mind around the fact that unless I act NOW it WILL be my day to die, your ass is mine, regardless of your selection of weaponry, mental state, etc. I will not go gentle into that good night! This can be a violent world and the sooner the general populace accepts that unfortunate fact and prepares themselves for it the better off we'll all be.

 
At 8:01 PM, April 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Blog owner approval"? What's up with that?

 
At 9:47 AM, April 21, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I would have the courage to fight - not go belly up.

 
At 2:54 PM, April 21, 2007, Blogger UMRBlog said...

As I said, this is very personal and I don't view it as "courage" or "heroic". If it appears inevitable I'm gonna die, I'd just as soon do it expressing myself.

I looked at it differently when I had young children depending upon me. Bona Fide Point.

TY all for Coming By

 

Post a Comment

<< Home