Thursday, February 15, 2007

SCOOTER'S MEMORY IS SO BAD, HE FORGOT TO TESTIFY IN HIS OWN DEFENSE!

Near as I can tell (and news coverage is a lousy way to keep up with a trial), Scooter Libby's defense is "I didn't have anything to do with leaking and whatever I said to the Grand Jury was the best recollection my bad memory would allow".

ln the evidence, it sounded like his attorney did an excellent job of proving Scooter didn't leak Plame's CIA connection. Only trouble is, that's not what the Scootmeister was charged with. He was charged with lying to a grand jury about a material matter. He's put other people on to testify to his bad memory. I think the jury will want to hear a denial from him. I think the judge will limit Mr. Wells' closing argument if Scooter doesn't take the stand.

I'm not saying not putting Libby on isn't the best strategy. I'm just saying the "I forgot" defense is harder to make without the jury hearing from the Defendant.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UMR: you know I dislike the President and all his minions as much as anyone. I am all for anything that would bring him down. But even I have trouble remembering what Scooter is on trial for. You're the expert, but this obstruction of justice charge seems like something that is charged when the prosecutor can't think or find a real crime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home