Thursday, June 10, 2010

HYPOCRISY, NIMBY AND LIFE IS GOOD IN ADAMS COUNTY

Our Rural Citizens are, By God, anti-zoning.  "Nobody tells me what to do with my property."  "If you pass land use, you will be ousted in the next election and, by the way, concealed carry will get your Momma.."  We've all heard the rant.

EXCEPT, kiddies, when the neighbor wants to lease space to wind turbine.  Suddenly, the answer to the wind turbine question is "blowin' in the wind".  Suddenly, we're talking about noise, shadows (I pity da groundhog), vibration and structural safety.

Now the message is "I can do anything with my property I want....but that guy next door can't put a wind turbine on his."

How quickly libertarians become regulators.

1 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, June 15, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, and if they hadn't been so damned dead-set against the "compass" of the proposed land-use guidelines, they could actually have had a leg to stand on against the wind farms.

You reap what you sow. Americans once had a real penchant for reasonable compromise but now, not so much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home