Friday, January 16, 2009

BAIT AND SWITCH: JOTT DOT SCREW

In my constitutionally protected opinion, an internet service has just behaved in am egregious upsell, bait and switch.

The service "Jott" is a wonderful, layered, premium and free site. The subscriber calls the service from a pre-agreed phone and the service records the caller's notes and "To-Do's". It is amazingly easy to use and amazingly accurate on the voice transcription. I have been using it for some time and would certainly have bought one of the available premium layers.

Then these folks got their name in a national magazine as a hot, free basic product with available premium upgrades. They laid in gobs of new subscribers for the "free" service.

A month later, they send us all "Exciting New Information." Yeah, you guessed it. The free service is being abandoned but we have a swell chance to buy into one of the other tiers.

Even though I love the service and would gladly have paid for one of the premium upsells anyhow, I don't like to be hosed. There are others who do what these folks do. I'll be finding them and gladly paying fo their premium services. These folks didn't learn much from the Googs.

Thank you for Jotting by, creeps.

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, January 16, 2009, Blogger TOOKIE said...

This is par for great net companies . I swear dot.business plans are pure bait and switch somedays .


I think I had apple install a bull's eye on the monitor to bang my head into .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home