Monday, November 19, 2007

TIMID MARKET TIMER

It makes me feel like a real participant in the economy to buy and sell stock. Always get a rush outta buying, particularly, because it is the beginning of a journey. My investment style could be described as "Cowardly, choke-like-a-dog, hedged, market-timed, hold"

I had one zero out on me a few years back. That didn't thrill me to be participating in the U.S. economy. I rode one from $120 down to $36, back to $120--Boy, did I get off that train fast! But, I've had some modest licks. I'm underperforming the monkeys, the darts and buy+holds but I'm running ahead of the Beardstown ladies.

Proud to be an unskilled American investor. I'd probably lose my shirt if I got smarter. What a country!

4 Comments:

At 1:48 PM, November 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

UMR- Any comment on what Tookie is reporting over at his page?

 
At 7:08 PM, November 19, 2007, Blogger Rocky Cola said...

I have a open desk down the hall.....

 
At 7:20 PM, November 19, 2007, Blogger UMRBlog said...

1348,

I think we're all on 'shroons with a Big 12 game in KC mattering.

Where's Toto when you really need him

 
At 8:47 PM, November 19, 2007, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Rocky Racoon,

As soon as I beat the darts or the monkey, I'm fired, right?

TYFCB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home