Wednesday, August 01, 2007

MIDNIGHT MODERATION

We've had this sophomoric discussion before and I really don't want to get into the merits of blogger comment moderation (and, yes, for those of you ignorant to the topic, that is different from spam control). The topic now is doing it up front and honestly.

A political blog I respect has been running a bunch of good topics lately. Twice, each time @ about ten p.m. I have left fairly long comments, with which I knew the operator would disagree. Each time, I have checked to see that they got onto the blog. They did. When I checked in the next morning, they were gone, without any sign they had been there. It doesn't matter who it was or what I said. My point is this:

If you're gonna moderate comments, tell people up front you're gonna moderate comments. Don't wrap yourself in the flag of unmoderatedness to show how cool you are then moderate under cover.

OK, I'm done now

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, August 01, 2007, Blogger JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

Let the world know that I have never moderated any of Umr's comments. If I did have a complaint, it's that I would like to have him post more often.

 
At 10:56 AM, August 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Good Point!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home