Friday, December 08, 2006

SAY IT AIN'T SO, JOE!

No, I'm not talking about Shoeless Joe. I'm talking about highly respected blogger Josephus. Preliminary indications are he's transferring his interesting and entertaining blog to Blogger in beta. There are two things anyone considering the transition needs to know: First, the change is irrevocable; and , Second, beta means "we don't have all the bugs out, yet!"

Good luck, my friend. I hope you don't have the problems I had when I mindlessly made the switch.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, December 08, 2006, Blogger Drew Hibbard said...

Although, from the way Blogger's parent Google does things, beta might not necessarily be a bad thing. Gmail has been in beta for quite some time and it's worked fine.

I'm sure Joe will emerge from the transition victorious.

 
At 8:33 AM, December 08, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

My RSS is still screwed up and I changed in October.

TYFCB

 
At 1:00 PM, December 08, 2006, Blogger Drew Hibbard said...

Really? Your RSS feed works fine for me. It's the primary way that I use to read your entries.

 
At 2:53 PM, December 09, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Hey I appreciate the good feedback about my RSS. I belong to some syndications who say they can no longer get it (Since I went beta). Maybe the problem's not with the googs but with those syndications.

Whenever I put myself on feed validator, though, it tells me I'm invalid. Then I feel so VIOLATED. I'm really quite sensitive.

Thanks, team.

 
At 9:58 PM, December 18, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It really doesn't matter with Joe's site. Few people read it, fewer understand his ramblings and even less respond or comment on it.

Sorry, I know he's your friend but he's just a moonbeam out there.

 
At 8:28 AM, December 20, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

2158,

If challenging us to read materials out of our comfort zones equals a moonbeam, then a moonbeam is not a bad thing to be.

TYFCB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home