Friday, October 20, 2006

DUPAGE

Hi Kiddies,

Coming at you today from lovely DuPage County. Other than Perhaps Lake and McHenry (and pieces of Will and Kane), this place has nothing in common with the rest of the State. It's packed and stacked. None of the traffic patterns really work. The infrastructure wasn't built for this many people and nobody ever looks happy. It's like a whole County has inflammed piles. We have more in common with Chicago City Dwellers than we do with these folks.

Tell ya what, though. I think I'm gonna buy an I-Pass. It'd just be cool to have one. That kind of reminds me. I didn't know what "Open Road Tolling" meant until late last year. Now I get it. It means the guy from downstate with no I-Pass gets inconvenienced.

Under Jim Edgar, the area of Dupage taken up by I-88 was dubbed the Illinois Research Corridor. I think that was supposed to be a Silicon Valley thing. What it really means is they're doing research on how to move all those stalled cars end to end on the Interstate someplace else.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, October 21, 2006, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Yeah, but they're in a strange position. If everything breaks right and they find themselves in the SEC Champ Game, they still won't play in the big one unless USC loses twice. Strength of sched is a good thing in NCAA Roundball but the Mizzou/Cupcake approach is better in Pigbladder.

TYFCB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home