Friday, February 19, 2010

BUDDHA WILL MAKE YOU LESS HORNY

Eldrick's speech didn't seem very good to me.  He did the usual: "If I weren't famous and rich and rich, I probably wouldn't have strayed"--boring.  Then he tossed in the Buddha thing--That'll really resonate with the golf fan demographic, public and private.  I'm sure his advisers begged him to stay away from the "Leave My Family Alone!" crap--Like he was their big protector.

But then, compare him to the other players.  Better than Sanford, Better than Clinton, way better than Edwards and light-years ahead of Mayor Kwame.  Oh, and who can forget the inimitable Larry Craig?  Eldrick wins that one, too.  



Like the Bush first term, He benefits from low standards and expectations.

I did wonder why his face was all swollen up.  And the blue curtains?  I was waiting for Ed McMahon to purr "Here's...........Eldrick"  or maybe for Carrot Top to pop out. 

Side Trip:  The estimable Notah Begay was there for Eldrick today.  When Notah had his troubles and held his press conferences, Eldrick was nowhere to be found.  Kind of makes you think that Eldrick's friendships might be relatively one way streets.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, February 21, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't stand to listen to the whole phony mea culpa ... it seemed to be scripted for his sponsors, and perhaps by his sponsors.

The onion has Tiger's original script, which he wrote himself. Apparently it needed some revisions.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/tiger_woods_announces_return_to

(bad language warning)

 
At 1:02 PM, February 22, 2010, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue curtains reminded me of:

PUPPET SHOW

and
spinal tap

 

Post a Comment

<< Home