Friday, November 06, 2009

NEW DISCOVERIES IN THE WORLD OF GOLF

Eldrick Woods is probably the fifth greatest player in the history of golf and the second or third greatest American player. He's clearly the best player of his era. Because of that, a certain magazine pays him a large pile of currency to be a "playing editor".

I think "playing editor" means some guy ghost-writes a bunch of stuff for you, you allow your name to be placed on it and a direct deposit occurs.

In any event, a funny by-product of that has developed. A little more often than once a year Eldrick "discovers" a new way to hit a low, safe, accurate tee shot. The discoveries are always revolutionary and Eldrick's Ghost writer takes great care to say something like "This is way different from the last secret method I taught you back in (fill in the year)." Funny but to me they all have this in common: 1. Be the most talented player in the world; and 2. Hit it low and into the fairway.

Sure, Eldrick, I'll get right on that.

6 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, November 06, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just guessing for fun that it is Hogan, Nicklaus, Palmer and Player you would put ahead of Tigger.

 
At 10:08 AM, November 06, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, why did you call him Eldrick instead of Tiger?

 
At 10:20 AM, November 06, 2009, Blogger UMRBlog said...

1008,

That's his name and I really like it. I've known several guys named Eldrick and I've really liked all of them.

 
At 10:21 AM, November 06, 2009, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Young Tom, Nicklaus, Vardon, Hogan. You can make an argument for Henry Cotton, Hagen and Old Tom.

 
At 9:24 AM, November 07, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Young Tom, Old Tom? Watson? Kite?

I think Nicklaus, Hogan or Tiger as the best ever is the argument to be had.

I'd love to throw Arnie in the argument, but for some reason I can't justify it.

 
At 6:58 PM, November 07, 2009, Blogger UMRBlog said...

Morris.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home