Wednesday, January 16, 2008

THANK YOU COMCAST, FOR NOTHING: THANK YOU MSNBC FOR THE CURE

I'm one of the 11 people nationwide who actually wanted to watch the MSNBC debate last night. Of course, it was on MSNBC. Comcast provides MSNBC to about every other place it extracts subscriber payments, but not Quincy. When we used to call INSIGHT about it, they'd just snicker and say something like "........nyuk, nyuk, no time soon....have a nice day....were adding another shopping channel in a week or so". So the other ten people in the country could probably see the debate but I thought I was completely screwed.

Lo and behold, I decided to poke around on the MSNBC website which NEVER offers live feeds. There was no place that said "Live Feed, Click here, Dumbass!" So, I pounded around in there by Braille, clicked on some kind of headline and (apologies to John Madden) "BOOM" there was the most beautiful live feed I have ever gotten on line. I could literally watch Brian Williams' hair turn gray as the program went on. Thank you, MSNBC. Great Job!

With credit to my friend, The Inside Dope, Wink Martindale won Fichigan. I wonder who all those Michigan militia types voted for. I thought the camo-crawler vote might go for Huckabee. Maybe the weather was too bad for these tough patriots to get out and vote.

Oh, yeah. Crazy Uncle was right, they're not comin' back. Second best line of the election cycle, by McCain....the canary thing. Very well, done.

11 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, January 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comcast. Now there's more strokes in stroke city.

 
At 1:07 PM, January 16, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dish...DirecTV...MSNBC is there for you.

 
At 9:48 AM, January 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did she explain in the debate why she won't release the documents from her time as co-President?

 
At 10:52 AM, January 17, 2008, Blogger UMRBlog said...

0948,

None of the grownups in attendance there talked about that.

TYFCB

 
At 2:14 PM, January 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"None of the grownups in attendance there talked about that."

Didn't Obama question her in one of the previous debates? Oh, you said adults. Don't you think they should be released?

 
At 2:22 PM, January 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She doesn't have time to discuss the documents from her co-presidency sh is too busy ironing my shirt!!!

 
At 2:59 PM, January 17, 2008, Blogger UMRBlog said...

I think they should have been released. I do accept the curator's explanation but honestly think they should have been made a priority the second she announced for president. Now that they're not out, I don't think they should be let out during a primary campaign.

Whether they should come out in April or so is a close call but I usually tip the scales inf favor of public disclosure.

I don't disagree with your basic point. OTOH, it truly didn't come up in the last debate.

TYFCB

 
At 6:27 PM, January 17, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think MSNBC is underrated, and it's a decent news network. It gets a lot of un-deserved heat.

 
At 9:57 AM, January 18, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slick Willy is fast becoming a rival for the title of Crazy Uncle. What is up with this dude?

 
At 8:49 AM, October 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in Atlanta and comcast doesn't provide msnmc on it's basic cable package either. I've called to complain before, but to no avail. We should start a petition. seriously.

 
At 2:42 PM, December 05, 2008, Blogger Corliss Blakely said...

We live in Vermont COMCAST cut off MSNBC from basic
We are ready to go to battle........
WHat can we do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home