Thursday, March 15, 2007

BRACKET RACKET: ONE GOAL

For those of you who have been reading the various iterations of this blog for a few Springs, you know that I annually enter a certain underground bracket contest. I do so with one goal: beat the champion emeritus.

She knows who she is. Nipped her at the wire last year. Not feeling too good about this year. Went by her office the other day and she had an what looked suspiciously like an RPI/Sagarin Spreadsheet up on her screen. It was the green eyeshade, though, that was the dead giveaway. I am so toast!

Well, last year was nice.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:48 AM, March 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

VCU -----Holy Cow !

Best Guard play I have seen in a long time.

 
At 12:00 PM, March 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony,

The bracket queen has been much more prickly than normal during this NCAA Tournament. As difficult as she is to live with during the rest of the year, I fear that the next couple of weeks will be a venerable hell. As she languishes at the bottom of the standings, her mood varies between Leona Helmsley and Bobby Knight. There are prisoners at Abu Ghraib who received better treatment than I will the next two weeks.

 
At 2:51 PM, March 18, 2007, Blogger UMRBlog said...

There ain't no victims--only volunteers.

TYFCB and my sympathies.

 
At 6:02 PM, March 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What can I say??????

When you fill out a bracket, you just sit back and watch. Some years you do well, and other years you take a nose dive. I guess that's why it's referred to as MARCH MADNESS!!!!

And I have you gentleman talking about it because you know in years past I have beat you both badly!!!!So...there is a definite reason for me to always enter this contest every year. Fun to watch you sweat. ha ha

Go Ohio St!!!!

It's not over until its over.

The Bracket Lady

 
At 8:11 AM, March 19, 2007, Blogger UMRBlog said...

What was it, four years ago? I felt Like Granada you put such a whuppin' on me!

TYFCB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home