Saturday, March 11, 2017

LOVELACE IN THE REARVIEW MIRROR

For me, it is unavoidable that there is reflection on the Lovelace saga.  

Cory was the daughter of two of my best friends.  

Curtis was in and out of my house when he was in High School and was a colleague in the local bar.  He was also one of the few tech enthusiasts in the bar when the technology movement was in its infancy.

I have known the Special Prosecutor since the 70's

The two investigators, Baird and Gibson, my family has known since childhood.

I was the civil attorney for the police department for 29 years and State's Attorney before that.

Christine's grandfather was one of my dearest friends and often a mentor.

With all that, I can't just flip a switch and stop thinking about this entire chapter

Today, I don't know where my reflections will take me.  As they develop in my mind and heart, I will share them with you and welcome your comments.  But I'm going to start slowly.

What may seem important to me as a trained and experienced trial lawyer may be unimportant and uninteresting to you.  That fact actually points out some of what makes the case so interesting.  There is an aspect for almost everybody..

If you follow me, you know I"m not an eveyrday blogger.  Over the next few weeks I will share my thoughts as they mature and as I become comfortable putting them in writing.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, March 12, 2017, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly hate to see one of his best friends and the wife of the people that bailed him out of jail disrespect Cory's mother on social media. She continues to do it and I dont understand the logic behind it. For a woman who claims to have been friends with Cory for years, why disrespect her memory? In their eyes, their best friend is back home. I dont see anything Christian like about her comments. Sickening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home