Sunday, January 09, 2011

CONDOLENCES TO GEORGE DALLAS GREEN--A KIDS' GUY, IF THER EVER WAS ONE

In 1984 Dallas Green was overwhelmed with duties as the Cubs' GM.  He was dealing with a possible breakout team, needy Cub fans and a cranky boss.  His plate was full.  Dallas Green didn't know me from a Japanese eye chart.

Still, when I asked Dallas Green to do something nice for a child, he didn't hesitate.  He not only did it.  He improved upon the original plan.  Like a lot of seemingly grouchy guys, Dallas Green was a sucker for little kids.

So today, Mr. Green, I grieve for your loss of that precious granddaughter.  I am sure you put a lot of sunshine into her life and she yours.  I would be sorry for anybody but I have seen your tenderness for children and pray you get through this.  Prayers for her immortal soul and your recovery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home