Sunday, February 12, 2006

ONE TOE OVER THE LINE

Like the song says, "One toe over the line." Gently and experimentally, I jump into the blogosphere.

Here are the beginning Rules of Engagement. I'm going to moderate comment for taste and personal attack. There will also be a death penalty for stupid. OTOH, there is a premium for arguing with me in clever ways. There is no Appeals Court. Like Rich Miller, I'm going to shut the comments off when I'm not available to moderate them. Sure, you will be able to get some offensive ones in from time to time before I moderate them. Does it mean that much to you? If you comment, take few seconds to assume a nickname. C'mon, how much talent does it take to use the same, consistent handle for each post. Anon 427 is a lousy name for discussion purposes. Be anonymous but be consistent. I'm asking nicely.

Because of what I do for a living, there are some topics I can't discuss. I'll also whack comments that allude to those topics. Fair's fair.

I'm going to do precisely nothing to promote this site for at least a couple of weeks. Maybe @ some point, I'll plug it in my journal "abccommittee.com"

This is not going to a "cut and paste" blog. Most of what you get in the daily entries will be right out of my head. Some days, it'll be torture policy. Other days it'll be the market value of Jim Edmunds. Still others, it might be a review of the performance of modern golf balls. What it will not be, day in and day out, and is me trying to impress you with what I read, what I know or who I know.

The goal is to have some conversations like I could in the back yard with my neighbors. I've got smart neighbors. They make it a fairly high level conversation and I try to hold up my end.

I'm sure I'll make up more "Rules" on the Fly. Guess I'll print a Rule Book someday. Until then, then, let's get after it.

2 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Potential Typo Alert!

Wasn't that song titled...One TOKE Over the Line?

 
At 7:22 PM, February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ONE TOKE OVER THE LINE


"One toke over the line, sweet Jesus, one toke over the line
Sittin' downtown in a railway station, one toke over the line
Waitin' for the train that goes home, sweet Mary
Hoping that the train is on time
Sittin' downtown in a railway station, one toke over the line"

BY: Brewer and Shipley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home